4 Email Marketing Techniques to Build a Profitable List
Your e-mail list is the #1 asset to your online business. The key to online success over the long term is to build a highly response opt-in list. Here are 4 techniques to help you get started today.
#1 - Give Something Away for Free
It's a normal human response to give something away for something in return. By giving away something of great value, your prospects will be dying to share their e-mail address to solve their problems.
You can give away e-mail courses, PDFs, videos, podcasts, special articles, or anything of value to your target audience for their e-mail. Remember: it must be solve a big problem, and your subscriber must have THAT problem!
#2 - Keep Things Simple
Eben Pagan aka "David Dangelo" runs a $20 million info business called DoubleYourDating. On the homepage, all he asks for is your e-mail address. There are no images, sidebars, crappy widgets, etc.
Allow your visitors to focus on your message. His opt-in rate is fairly high because he provides a powerful solution: solve all your dating problems with women. Aim for a simple squeeze page to capture your visitor's e-mail, a simple promise, and a simple call to action.
#3- Establish a Relationship with Your Subscribers
Keep in touch with your subscribers, but do not contact them too often. I aim for around 1-2 e-mails per week.
The key is to contact your subscribers enough, so they look forward to your next e-mail. Your subscribers welcome your e-mails because they contain valuable information. Keep them informed, befriend them, and continue to provide them with content and resources to solve their problems.
If you establish a good relationship, then you can offer quality products and services along with quality content.
#4 - Get Quality Traffic
A few ways to get some traffic to your websites and squeeze pages to build your opt-in list.
* Start a Blog - Then include your opt-in form in the sidebar or beneath each post
* Use Forum Signatures - A great way to get tons of targeted traffic.
* PPC Marketing - Fast and simple way to get targeted traffic. You need a spending budget though.
* Article Marketing - Submit articles to directories then send traffic to your resource box. IMO, the easiest and cheapest way to get subscribers and highly targeted traffic.
* E-mail Signatures - everyone has e-mail. Link to your opt-in page in your e-mail signature, and you will surely get some signups.
These are just some basic ideas to help you improve your e-mail marketing practices. Focus on collecting high quality subscribers, then give them what they need over and over again. That is how you beat your competition and boost your income with successful e-mail marketing practices.